Every entrepreneur is interested in minimizing his taxes and optimizing the costs for tax return.
“Our tax experts can ensure you the lowest possible tax burden for all the plans you have as an entrepreneur.”
Fiscal advice tailored to your needs
Whether it’s for reorganization, a purchase of real estate or other plans that your company wants to implement, our tax experts are ready to support you in all possible ways, regardless of the type of the company.
We are offering you assistance in following areas:
Reorganisations and restructuring
• Mergers aimed at simplifying the group structure, creating synergies, etc.
• (Partial) demergers with a view to separating different activities, in order to separate the property portfolio from the commercial risk, within the framework of family settlements.
• Contribution of shares to a holding company in the context of family settlements, with a view to strengthening the capital structure of the group.
• Assistance with the acquisition of immovable property in light of the various tax implications for the company.
• Optimal structuring when selling a property with a view to favourable taxation in the realisation of your property portfolio.
• Usufruct, leasehold, building and leasing structures belong to the field of experience of our specialists, with special attention paid to financing and discussion with the banks.
Taxation of R&D
• Consulting and preparation of calculations for the application for the R & D super-deduction from the tax base up to 100% of expenses (costs) related to the R & D projects.
• Consulting on the patent box: a tax deduction will be provided to the companies, which use in their activities the results of R&D. e.g. a patent or utility mode. Part of the license fees resulting from these assets will be exempt from tax.
Succession and estate planning
• Family succession of companies, taking into account all aspects of tax law such as direct taxes, VAT, gift and inheritance tax.
• Restructuring and land development with a view to developing family settlements that safeguard the interests of all children.
Optimal remuneration, personal income taxation and other tax compliance
• Tax simulations for the individuals on the various types of remuneration (including the Social and Health insurance contributions)
• Preparation of personal income tax returns for Slovak tax residents/non residents
• Preparation of other types of tax returns (besides the standard VAT, PIT, CIT returns, we are also able to support you in the preparation of returns in other areas of taxation, such as the tax return on excise tax on electricity/gas, the motor vehicle tax returns, etc.).
Representation of the clients in front of the tax office and preparation of appeals against the resolutions of the Slovak Tax authorities
• Consulting to the tax registration´s obligations in Slovakia, preparation of tax registration applications and dealing with the Slovak Tax authorities.
• Representing of the clients in case of tax audits opening.
• Supporting and preparation of appeals against the resolutions of Slovak Tax authorities and Financial Directorate of the Slovak republic, our team has extensive experience with the Slovak Tax authorities due to many positive results reached.
As well as assisting you with all tax issues, our tax experts also offer extensive tax due diligence. This is the cornerstone for a successful merger or acquisition, providing the necessary leverage to negotiate prices. In addition to its tax experts, VGD also has various experts in corporate finance at its disposal for this purpose, who can provide you with further guidance.
International tax consultancy
Our tax experts are not only active within the borders of Slovakia. In the same way, they also provide tax advice on international issues such as:
• Transfer pricing
• Double taxation treaties
• Salary splits
• Foreign executive
• European directives